According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), 4,836 workers were killed on the job in 2015, which is 13 deaths every day! An untrained or uncertified workforce can be lethal to your workers and can also jeopardize your reputation, allowing for severe penalties to be imposed on your company. As per the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), owners are responsible for ensuring employees work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
Identifying the various roles throughout your organization and tracking the associated competencies can become a daunting task however, it can effectively decrease the number of incidents within the workplace.
That’s why in February 2017, we launched a real-time Compliance Management Solution as an integrated feature to our platform, where compliance requirements are defined and tracked for every job. The compliance management solution makes it easy to reduce risks associated with unqualified workers on job sites while strengthening internal controls.
With our Compliance Management Solution, HSE professionals can:
- Own the certification process: we have significantly simplified the process of verifying competencies, scheduling training, monitoring the completion of courses, and tracking compliance.
- Monitor the pulse: whether you are interested in visualizing worker competency based on a specific trade, location, job, or any combination of those, the data is at your fingertips.
- Mitigate incidents: understanding worker competencies allows you to proactively mitigate incidents.
- Audit: in the event of a competency audit or inspection, you can produce measurable activity reports with ease.
We have seen a challenge in the industry where non-compliant workers are still dispatched to a job site and increase the incident risk to all parties involved. At Aimsio, we see problems as opportunities and incorporating a compliance tracker into our existing dispatching workflow was a natural addition to our platform. This gives our customers peace of mind that compliance is evaluated before workers are exposed to risks on job site.”
– Dr. Abbas Sarraf, Co-founder and Head of Product.
Aimsio is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that helps organizations improve their efficiency by connecting their field operations and back office through a platform that is customized to their specific needs. Our solution offers a streamlined approach to managing complex operations that require multiple engagements across various departments, combining several components of day-to-day business operations into one simplified platform.